White Chocolate Semifreddo with Raspberries and Pistachios Annabel Langbein
- Line the base and sides of a 6-8 cup loaf pan with baking paper, leaving an overhang on either side so the frozen mixture can be easily lifted from the container.
- Place white chocolate and cream in a pot and warm gently until the chocolate has softened (1-2 minutes). Stir to fully melt chocolate then remove from heat and cool.
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl using a very clean electric beater and gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form when the beater is lifted from the bowl.
- Add fully cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla and lemon juice to beaten egg whites and fold gently until evenly incorporated. Gently fold in the fresh or freeze-fried raspberries.
- Pour into prepared tin, smooth the top, fold in the baking paper edges to cover and freeze until solid (at least 6 hours).
- Serve garnished with berries and chopped pistachios.
Recipe as appeared in NZ Herald Canvas Magazine Saturday 15th June 2019
|White Chocolate, broken into peices||250g|
|Caster Sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tbsp|